A recording of the May 2023 National Disability Data Asset webinar is now available.
Over 500 people attended the webinar on 2 May 2023 and were able to ask questions of leaders of the disability community.
Guest speakers included:
- Dr Scott Avery, Researcher and Senior Lecturer, Western Sydney University
- Catherine McAlpine, CEO of Inclusion Australia
- Dr Ben Gauntlett, Australia’s Disability Discrimination Commissioner and Chair of Australia’s Disability Strategy Advisory Council
Topics covered included:
- how the information will be kept safe and privacy protected
- how the disability data asset will be co-governed by the disability community and governments. This includes information about the arrangements for the Council and Charter, to ensure data is only used for agreed reasons
- the benefits of the disability data asset.
NDDA webinar recording video
A highlights version of the recording will be made available on the website mid- year.